Social Badger Challenge
Get ready for the NSMBA’s first ever “Social Badger Challenge”!
What is the Social Badger Challenge?
The “NSMBA Social Badger Challenge” is a series of ride challenges through the badge system on Trailforks. Not sure what a Trailforks badge is? Click here to find out!
How does it work?
Every Sunday for the next 8 weeks, we will be revealing a unique badge(s) that you will have 1 week to unlock (Sunday to Saturday). Each badge will be unlocked differently but keep in mind that speed is not a factor so keep it chill and braid your hair, not the trails.
In order to unlock a badge, you must log your ride(s) on the Trailforks app, or sync your ride from Strava. If you complete the badge’s challenge, the badge will automatically be granted to you and show up on your profile.
If you have logged a ride and Trailforks is not picking up that you rode a certain trail(s), you can correct it by following the steps in this video: https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/115/
For every badge you gain, you will be entered to win some fabulous prizes from each badge’s presenting sponsor (listed below). Prize winners will be messaged through Trailforks.
Please note that while anyone can unlock the badges, you must be a NSMBA member to be eligible to win any prizes. You can grab your membership HERE
The specific details of each badge will be linked below and released every week on Sunday morning.
Get ready to become a badger.
Each specific challenge/badge and route details will be released every Sunday starting on August 30th. You have one week to complete the challenge. Click the links below to see each badge’s details.
August 30th to September 5th: Two Mountain Slalom – Presented by Obsession: Bikes
October 18th to October 24th: Two Mountain Extravaganza – Presented by BC Bike Race
Posting your adventures on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter? Use #nsmba and #socialbadger2020 to get your photos shared on the NSMBA feeds!
- Obsession: Bike – Ryan Leaver, Kenneth Moore and Krista Rawlings
- Steed Cycles – Erica Henderson and Ken Murray
- Lynn Valley Bikes – Natalie Nohra, Daniel Grunwald, Leo MacDonald and Guy Elliot.
- Bicicletta- Jonathan Lapierre, Glen Goodvin
- Endless Biking: Cameron Loftus, Travis McMillan, Steve Macleod, Justin Hall
- Norco North Shore: Steven Mulcahy, Dave Clendenan, Don MacDonald
- Comor Sports: James Oborne
- BC Bike Race: Adam Watson
Please note that the NSMBA Social Badger Challenge is a completely virtual series of challenges and is not a formal race or event.
In order to ensure the safety of the community, please remember to:
- Stay home if you show any COVID-19 symptoms. Use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool to help determine if further assessment is required.
- Conduct proper hand hygiene by using hand sanitizer regularly.
- Avoid congregating at all times.