We are hiring! Click each tab below to view each job posting’s details and how to apply.
The NSMBA is an equal opportunities employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, genetics or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Job Title: Trail Maintenance Labourer
Employment Status: Approximately 40 hours per week. (contract until December 31, 2021 with potential annual renewal)
Pay Expectations: Hourly – $19-25 per hour based on experience
Expected Start Date: Summer 2021
North Shore Mountain Biking Association
The NSMBA is a voice for the mountain biking community of the North Shore. We protect and maintain the trails as environmental leaders, focused on sustainability through education & action. We develop trail networks that provide challenge and progression while fostering mountain bike culture and a community that embraces our sport as a positive force.
The NSMBA Trail Maintenance Labourer position will be a part of the NSMBA trail crew, working on trail maintenance labour and tasks. The work will focus on maintaining multi-use trails on Fromme Mountain and Seymour in North Vancouver.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Fulfill the tasks and duties assigned by the Lead Builder of the Trail Crew.
- Maintaining the trail network on Fromme and Seymour Mountain.
- Complete work reports in a timely and professional manner
- Additional duties/responsibilities as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to take and follow direction.
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision
- Trail building experience is not necessary, but an asset.
- First aid certificate is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please apply by uploading your resume and cover letter at the link below.
We will be accepting applications until the position has been filled.