There is now more work to be done on Seymour, and we are looking to hire two individuals to our Trail Crew to support this new responsibility. Do you have hands-on experience with trail work? Would you love the chance to learn from Digger and Pat? We need to expand our team with a person experienced in building and maintaining trails, who is physically fit and comfortable using various hand tools for trail maintenance duties. We are looking to hire one full-time employee and one part-time employee. Read the job description below and apply today!
Both job application deadlines are midnight on Sunday January 28th 2018. E-mail your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
Job Overview: NSMBA Trail Crew (1 Full Time Position, 1 Part Time Position)
Date Posted: January 10 2018
Closing Date: January 28 2018
- Full Time Role: Approximately 40 hours per week. 6 month full time contract (including a 3 month probationary period), with potential for extension.
- Part Time Role: Approximately 20 hours per week. 6 month full time contract (including a 3 month probationary period), with potential for extension.
Salary Level: Hourly – range between $20 and $25 per hour, commensurate with experience. Extended Health Benefits are available to all employees who work over 20 hours per week once a 3 month probationary period has passed.
North Shore Mountain Biking Association
The NSMBA is a voice for the mountain biking community of the North Shore. We protect and maintain the trails as environmental leaders, focused on sustainability through education & action. We develop trail networks that provide challenge and progression while fostering mountain bike culture and a community that embraces our sport as a positive force.
The NSMBA Trail Crew position will become part of the NSMBA Trail Crew team, performing trail maintenance labour and tasks. The position will be supervised by a Lead Builder.
Who We Are Looking For:
The successful candidate will have experience in building and maintaining trails, be physically fit and comfortable using various hand tools for trail maintenance duties. The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Fulfill the tasks and duties assigned by the Lead Builder of the Trail Crew;
- Build and maintain trails as per the NSMBA’s permits with Land Managers;
- Follow best management practices as they evolve, including those set out by the Land Managers and those of the NSMBA;
- Additional duties/responsibilities as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to take and follow direction.
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision.
- Experience in building and maintaining trails.
- Ability to use simple hand tools for trail maintenance purposes.
- Basic chainsaw use and maintenance experience considered an asset, particularly with certification.
- North Shore trail knowledge considered an asset.
- First aid certificate is an asset.
This is an hourly contract position, with a rate range between $20 and $25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Application deadline is midnight on Sunday 28th January 2018. E-mail your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The NSMBA is an equal opportunities employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, genetics or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.