Attending a Trail Day
Interested in working on the trails? Trail Days are the best and easiest way for anyone to come work with NSMBA Trail Builders on the North Shore!
Video created by Steve Tan of Tandem Photography. Thank you Colour the Trails for allowing us to share it!
What to Expect at a Trail Day:
– No previous experience working on trails is required!
– Trail Days typically run for 2-4 hours
– Each trail day is led by an experienced trail builder(s) who will explain what to do and oversee everything
– Every trail day will begin with a safety talk and overview of the work planned for the day
– Everyone will meet at the designated meeting spot and walk to the trail together, led by the trail builder(s)
What to Wear:
– Comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the weather and you don’t mind getting covered in dirt.
– Layers appropriate for the weather (jackets, extra gloves, hat/toque)
– Supportive, close-toed shoes
What to Bring:
– Waterproof outerwear in case the weather changes.
Sign up for a Trail Day:
To sign up for a trail day, please go to our calendar at www.nsmba.ca/events. The specific details on each trail day (which trail, how to sign up and where to meet etc.) will be detailed there.
All volunteers need to sign the NSMBA waiver before attending a trail day. Waivers will be available to sign at each trail day but you can also download, print and sign one by clicking the link below. You only need to sign one Waiver for the year.