Become a Member
The easiest way to support the NSMBA is with a membership! With a current membership you are giving back to the trails and supporting the work that keeps them open and accessible to the community. See below to learn more about what your membership means for the trails.
Membership are valid until the day of purchase of the following year. If you are interested in purchasing the membership as a gift, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SELECT YOUR MEMBERSHIP TYPE BELOW:
Every member will be mailed a physical membership package, printed and provided by MET Fine Printers (Please note that updated membership stickers are being printed and will be mailed out shortly).
What does being a Member mean?
The NSMBA is a voice for the mountain biking community of the North Shore. We protect and maintain the trails as environmental leaders, focused on sustainability through education & action. We develop trail networks that provide challenge and progression while fostering mountain bike culture and a community that embraces our sport as a positive force.
Joining the NSMBA as a member means that you are directly supporting the work that keeps the trails of the North Shore open for all and forever.
Your membership dues enable the NSMBA to:
- Engage proactively with Land Managers and other stakeholders to ensure their continued support and investment in the trail network.
- Pay professional trail Builders to lead maintenance projects and trail days, ensuring the trails remain open, safe, sustainable, and FUN!
- Purchase materials, tools, and equipment for our, staff, Builders and volunteers to use for regular maintenance, projects, and trail days
- Purchase insurance that allows the NSMBA to conduct yearly operations (ex. regular trail maintenance), trail days and activities for our members (ex. Fivers)
- Manage and deliver the programs that educate the community on trail building’s evolving best practices.
Your membership dues also give you:
- Voting rights for the Board of Directors elections at our Annual General Meeting hosted in late November
- Insurance for participation in NSMBA events such as the Fivers.
- Give you free or discounted admission to NSMBA and other bike-related events
Without the support of our members, the North Shore trails you love would be in terrible condition, if not completely closed. We support local trail builders, hold awesome events, and work with landowners to ensure you have access to trails.
Are you interested in seeing our current network of trails maintained while continuing to look at opportunities for new trails in the future? Get involved!
You membership gives you access to your own member account and portal.
Access it here: https://nsmba.member365.ca
Your NSMBA membership is valid until the day of purchase of the following year. So if a membership was purchased on January 12, 2021 it will be valid until January 12, 2022.
We use Membership365 to manage our memberships. Have a question? Check out the FAQ: www.nsmba.ca/member365-faq
Consider buying a Trail Boost If you are from out of town, riding, running and/or hiking for the weekend, becoming a member is just not for you right now, or you want to add an extra donation to the trails along with purchasing your membership.