The NSMBA is pleased to announce the addition of Mountain Biker/North Van resident/Environmental Professional Liz Kovics B.SC., R.P.BIO., FIT, EP, CEA. Ms. Kovics will aid with Environmental Assessment as an Engineering Advisor who has a keen sense for environmentally sensitive issues and will help the NSMBA interpret these issues with regard to trail construction, maintenance and development.
Ms. Kovics has a broad education and comprehensive experience in the field of Environmental Management working as the Environmental Project Manager for the Sea to Sky project and the Port Mann Bridge widening project, also as Senior Biologist with Cascade Environmental and the District of West Vancouver as the Environmental Protection Officer.
Her studies and professional accreditation include:
· Member of the Association of Professional Biologists of British Columbia
· Environmental Professional (EP) Certification ECO Canada
· Riparian Areas Regulation Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) (Certified)
· SHIM (Sensitive Habitat Inventory Mapping) (Certified)
· Sediment and Erosion Control (IECA Certified)
· Advanced Application of Sediment and Erosion Controls (Certified)
· Executive Director Greater Vancouver Invasive Plant Council (2008-2010))
· Sustainability Management University of British Columbia (UBC)(Certificate 2009)
As the NSMBA continues the revitalization of the North Shore trail network with the Trail Adoption Plan the aid of Liz Kovics on the many upcoming projects ensures the utmost in environmental care as well as the optimum approach at increasing the sustainability of our trail network.
Liz is passionate about riding and passionate about the environment.