We are currently hiring for several exciting roles. Please see our available jobs listed in the tabs below.
Interested in volunteering? Check out volunteer opportunities here: https://nsmba.ca/volunteer/
Job Overview: Partnership & Events Manager
Date Posted: April 5, 2023
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Company Profile: The North Shore Mountain Bike Association (NSMBA) is the voice for the mountain biking community of the North Shore. We protect and maintain the trails as environmental leaders, focused on sustainability through education & action. We develop trail networks that provide challenge and progression while fostering mountain bike culture and a community that embraces our sport as a positive force. The North Shore Mountain Bike Association (NSMBA) operates on the shared territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Employment Status: Full time (40 hours per week). Estimated start date ASAP.
Salary Level: $50,000 – $60,000 per year depending on experience
Benefits: As this is a full time position the employee will be eligible to take part in our benefits program which includes health, dental and drug coverage.
Overview: Sponsorships make up about ¼ of the NSMBA’s current funding and we are looking for a motivated & creative individual to revamp and significantly grow our sponsorship program. This is an opportunity to evaluate & reconfigure our existing program from a fresh perspective then get out and sell it to new & existing partners. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Partnership and Events Manager position will be responsible for growing our sponsorship & partnership revenue and includes overseeing the longstanding Trail Adoption Program (TAP). The person in this role will also be responsible for coordinating our flagship Fiver events, and exploring how to increase revenue through events. If you are outgoing, love connecting with people and have great ideas on how to improve our events and partnerships this role is perfect for you!
The successful candidate will lead the following work, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Create and implement a partner & donor sustainability plan as part of the NSMBA’s Strategic Plan
- Reimagine our sponsorship offerings from the ground up including what opportunities exist, what they’re worth and who we sell them to.
- Re-evaluate our sponsorship policies, procedures and agreements and update as required
- Engage with new and returning sponsors & partners to further coordinate event support (e.g., Sponsor confirmations, planning details).
- Sell sponsorship opportunities to new & existing partners
- Document relevant information on Sponsors (e.g. best time of year to approach for funding/renewal)
- Deliver annual presentations to key Sponsors/Partners and Donors demonstrating their contribution to the NSMBA’s annual accomplishments.
- Work with marketing team to update or create Sponsorship packages for events and other fundraising opportunities
- Develop the community events fundraising strategy
- Develop events policies for sponsors
- Manage the yearly planning/execution of events including securing permits, arranging sponsors, and organizing volunteers
- Manage Additional event coordination such as sponsor and builder appreciation events
- Develop ideas on additional fundraising events (ie. Raffle, Season Openers, All-Ages Events)
- Coordinate community education and engagement events (ie: community pop-up, bike show, Seymour Trail Liaisons etc.)
- Set budgets for large events and track any expenses
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
The NSMBA is an equal opportunities employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, genetics or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics.
Applicants should have the following skills:
- 2-5 years of experience in a field related to communications, fundraising, event management, and/or community development.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution
- Ability to collaborate with and sell to new & existing partners
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy, and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Google Docs and Drive
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Familiarity with the North Shore Trails and mountain biking is considered an asset but is not required.
Additional Information: The NSMBA does not currently have a dedicated office space so employees will be required to work remotely, however there are regular opportunities to work collaboratively with other staff in person at various locations.
E-mail your resume, covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject line.