Strategic Plan Development
The NSMBA has seen a lot of growth in the last few years, not just in terms of membership and volunteer numbers but also in the amount of people recreating on the North Shore trails. As such, the Board of Directors has deemed it necessary to develop a formal Strategic Plan for the NSMBA to follow for 3-5 years.
In Fall 2020, led by the NSMBA’s Executive Director, Christine Reid, we began collecting information, data and feedback that will enable us to develop a strong strategic plan that will detail specific goals to attain and direction for the NSMBA Directors and Staff to take.
What we have done so far:
- We connected with Greg Tooke from Light Trail to support our Strategic Planning Process
- During the October + November 2020 Board of Director meetings 3 priorities were determined
- The 3 priorities were introduced to the public and membership during our Annual General Meeting on November, 26 2020. Input was requested for ideas and actions within these priorities.
- The NSMBA emailed a recap of AGM discussion out to our email list on December 5, 2020 and asked the subscribers for additional ideas or potential action items on the 3 priorities.
- During the January 2021 Board of Directors meeting the feedback and themes from the above input sessions were discussed and how they relate to the 3 priorities and their specific objectives.
Where we are at:
As of January 12th 2021 we have determined our 3 priorities and supplied word clouds based on current feedback from the community solicited during our Annual General Meeting and post AGM recap email. Below you can review these priorities and the word cloud summary.
We welcome all feedback so please provide any comments, ideas or actions that we can take to achieve these priorities by completing the Strategic Planning form.
Our next steps:
- During January and February we will be sending out a weekly email and social media post (on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) to highlight a specific priority (and it’s specific objectives) to gather more ideas and input from the community.
- We will also be reaching out to specific stakeholders to discuss the priorities and objectives which will include:
- Land Managers
- Trail Builders
- Trail Associations
- Community Associations
- Cypress Stakeholders, Fromme Stakeholders, Seymour Stakeholders
- Organizations/businesses which support getting folks outdoors
If you are interested in participating in a way you have not yet been given the opportunity to please email email@example.com