Our friends at Trips for Kids are looking for volunteers to lead (and support) workshops for their Youth Leadership Club. Information is below, and you can also check out their blog for more info on the program, AND testimonials from last year's participants. Please contact Fleurie – email@example.com for more information on how to get involved!
The TFK Youth Leadership Club targets youth ages 13-17 with an interest in developing their biking skills, and gaining related training and volunteer experience. The program is centered around developing new skills and building self-esteem in a fun and supportive environment.
Past workshops have included:
- Intro to downhill riding (with various workshops focusing on skills such as body positioning, cornering, and line choice)
- Intro to trials
- Basic Bike Mechanics
- Sport Nutrition
- Action photography & photo shoot
We are open to all sorts of new ideas related to biking, outdoor education, and personal development. Please contact us with your ideas to lead a workshop, and/or alternatively volunteer to SUPPORT a workshop. There are many ways to get involved and we'd love to hear from you!
The following dates are scheduled for workshops. If none of these dates works for you, let us know and we can try to make arrangements. Thanks!
- Tuesday, July 6th (evening)
- Tuesday, July 13th (evening)
- Monday, July 19th (evening)
- Tuesday, July 27th (evening)
- Tuesday, August 3rd (evening)
- Monday, August 9th (evening)
- Saturday & Sunday, August 14-15th (weekend in Whistler)
- Tuesday, August 17th (evening)
- Tuesday, August 24th (evening)