What does being a Member mean?
The NSMBA is a voice for the mountain biking community of the North Shore. We protect and maintain the trails as environmental leaders, focused on sustainability through education & action. We develop trail networks that provide challenge and progression while fostering mountain bike culture and a community that embraces our sport as a positive force.
Joining the NSMBA as a member means that you are directly supporting the work that keeps the trails of the North Shore open for all and forever.
Your membership dues:
- Give you Voting rights for the Board of Directors at our Annual General Meeting hosted late November
- Fund the purchase of materials, tools, and equipment for our volunteer trail days and trail builders
- Fund labour costs for some trail building projects and advocacy efforts
- Insure you for participation in NSMBA events such as trail maintenance days and Fiver Race Series
- Give you free or discounted admission to NSMBA and other bike-related events
Without the efforts of people like you, the North Shore trails you love would be in terrible condition, if not completely closed. We support local trail builders, hold awesome events, and work with landowners to ensure you have access to trails. Are you interested in seeing our current network of trails maintained while continuing to look at opportunities for new trails in the future? Get involved!
What do Membership dollars fund?
Your membership dues provide direct financial support to enable the NSMBA to:
- Pay professional trail builders to lead specific maintenance projects and trail days, ensuring trails remain open, safe, sustainable, and FUN!
- Purchase materials, tools, and equipment for our volunteer and trail builders to use during trail days.
- Purchase insurance that allows the NSMBA to conduct activities for our members and host trail days.
- Manage and deliver the programs that educate the community on trail building’s evolving best practices.
- Engage proactively with Land Managers to ensure their continued support and investment in the trail network.
How long is membership good for?
Your NSMBA membership is valid until the day of purchase of the following year. So if a membership was purchased on January 12, 2021 it will be valid until January 12, 2022.
Become a member
Click one of our 4 membership options below to get started:
What is a sponsorship?
A corporate membership is a way for local riders, families, small businesses and large organizations to give just a little more back to the trails here on the North Shore. We understand that not everyone has the resources or time to commit to our Trail Adoption Plan (TAP) program. But that’s ok, because as a Sponsor your extra funds go right back into the trails.
So what else do you get for the extra bucks besides extra trail karma?
- Adult Membership cards for the season of purchase
- Recognition on our Sponsorship page with a link back to your business
- Recognition of your support to the NSMBA to be displayed in your office or home
- Invitation to sponsor only events
Connecting your small business with the NSMBA shows good-will and increases your brand awareness in the local community.
What is a Trail Boost?
The NSMBA Trail Boost, previously known as a trail pass, is a donation used directly for trail building and trail building resources. It does not pay for administrative costs or insurance, just trail building resources.
A Trail Boost is sold separate from the NSMBA membership and may be ideal for people who are looking to give back beyond their annual membership. A Trail Boost is also ideal for riders who are not from the North Shore but would like to give back in some way.
An NSMBA Trail Boost is annual and comes with a sticker. Although the purchase of a Trail Boost does not give you the same benefits as an annual membership (Insurance coverage for events and races, monthly email updates on events and trail updates) it does give you the extra peace of mind that you are contributing directly to the local trail system.
Can I volunteer?
Absolutely! The NSMBA is an organization run entirely by the dedicated efforts of volunteers. If you’re excited about mountain biking and want to share your enthusiasm with the community, the NSMBA has an exciting volunteer position for you!