It was another busy month as builders and volunteers prepared for the eventual snowmageddon! They’ve have been building bridges, clearing drains and adding gold to trails throughout Seymour and Fromme.
The Builders also finished up their annual assessment process on their respective trails in preparation for renewing permits with the land managers in 2019.
Trail Days this month (20 in total!)
- Forever After w/ Rocky Mountain Bicycles
- Fromme Ascent w/ Steed Cycles and Santa Cruz
- aMTB Loop w/ Filzer Gear
- Dale’s Trail w/ Comor Sports and NS Ride
- John Deer w/ BC Bike Race
- Severed w/ La Bicicletta West Van
- Bobsled w/ Telus
- Corkscrew w/ McNeney McNeney Spieker LLP
- Lower Digger w/ DLD Financial
- Dempsey w/ Mosaic Homes
- Crinkum Crankum w/ Sophos
- Lower Digger w/ Ryders Eyewear
- aMTB Loop w/ Arc’teryx
- Griffens w/ Youth Trail Stewards
- Seventh Secret w/ More Bikes
On the trail crew side of things, they’ve put a lot of focus on the aMTB Loop, building upon all the work done by so many volunteers. The Hiking section is almost completed and the revitalization of Old Buck and Empress Bypass is in progress!
They’ve also taken care of some maintenance and water management on Ladies Only, TNT, Pingu, Corkscrew, Boogieman, Boogienights, Lower Ladies, and Dempsey as well as a constructing a brand new optional line on Expresso! All that combined with prepping even more cedar for bridge repairs and replacements and working through the annual assessment process with the land managers alongside the other builders.
And Remember to report any maintenance issues you see on the trails via Trailforks!