The District of North Vancouver has issued the Draft Report for the Parks and Open Space Strategic Plan. This document will guide the planning, use, and funding of parks and open space for the next ten years.
An interesting excerpt from the document: "North Vancouver residents place the highest priority on maintaining greenways, trails and bike paths."
Comments are open until January 27th. As users of trails and open space, it is important for mountain bikers to be aware of the proposed plans. The NSMBA has highlighted specific sections below that are of high importance to mountain bikers.
- Section 6.2.02, Page 27, "Seymour Alpine Area"
- Section 6.2.14, Page 34, "Youth Parks, Skate Parks, Bike Skills Parks, BMX Parks, Dirt Jump Parks"
All of Section 6.3 "Trails and Greenway Systems", but in particular:
- "Provide a connection between the Baden Powell Trail and the Powerline Trail"
- "Provide a trail connection from Braemar Road to Mill Street"
- "Provide an upper level trail connection in the Mountain Forest Area"
- "Work proactively with the NSMBA to maintain the vision for the alpine recreational areas"
- Review Seymour District Parkland
- Section 6.3.01
- Section 6.5.02 – Volunteerism
Section 6.5.05 Public Private Partnerships
- "Research options for mountain biking partnerships within the North Vancouver context"