There’s always lots happening up on the mountains! Check out a snapshot of some of the work that’s been going on:
A few notes from the Builders:
- The builders are seeing a lot of Braids on John Deer which is leading to more erosion and the potential damaging of roots. Please ride on the main lines so the builders can focus on regular maintenance and new projects, rather than fixing and blocking braids.
- No matter where in the World you’re riding / hiking / running, braid your hair, not the trails.
- The Builders on Baden Powell are beginning work on rehabilitating the trail from Expresso to Boundary. The goal of this work is to make the route pedalable east to west. It is going to be a multi-year project and you can join us for some trail days to start on June 27th, July 18th and August 8th (click each date to sign up)
Thank you to all of the the Trail Adoption Plan (TAP) sponsors who brought their teams out to work on the trails!
- Pennzoil w/ Steed Cycles
- Dale’s w/ Comor Sports and NS Ride
- Fromme Ascent (No Quarter) w/ Giant Bicycle Canada
- Pangor w/ Giant Bicycle Vancouver
- Dempsey w/ Mosaic
- Leppard w/ BGC Engineering
Stay tuned for more trail day opportunities in the near future! If you would like to be added to the email list to get notified first when opportunities become available, please email email@example.com
If you ever see any maintenance issues on the trails be sure to report it via Trailforks with a photo of the issue and map coordinates/location if possible. It’s the quickest and best way to alert the builders of any work that needs to be done.
If you don’t have trailforks, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo and location as well.